Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Lakland Darryl Jones 4 in LPB (2003)

Sean

I'm finally getting round to officially listing my Lakland Darryl Jones in Lake Placid Blue with a red tort pickguard. It's really special, as DJs go this is the best one I've played. It's actually a nicer playing and much lighter bass than my "Adam Clayton" DJ - I'm not sure but from what I seen and played 2003 - 2005 seemed to be the best period for DJs (YMMV, of course).

It has the original Aero pickups in it as Darryl Jones intended and they are fabulous, with just the right amount of aggression and burble. This is a really great passive J bass. I've lined the pickup cavities and control cavity with copper to improve earthing - not that there was a problem, it's just something I feel should be done at the factory that they don't do.

I'm selling it because it doesn't get used and that's because I gig 5-stringers mainly. My go to 4-string is my other DJ and that's kept tuned down a step and its pickups are nastier and more aggressive than the Aeros which suits what I use it for.

This comes with a set of chrome [b]Warwick strap locks[/b] and a [b]hard black Gator ABS case[/b]. The strings on it are nickel roundwounds and they were new ones that I took off the Yamaha BB415 I bought recently.

It also comes with two extra pickguards - the original white three ply one and a grey pearl three ply from Jeannie's.

I'm asking [b]£675[/b]. No trades.

As always, if you want to try before you buy, let me know.

Thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean