Why become a member? ×

Wierd pedal issue?

Veils

I've had a number of pedals stashed away for a while but only just got round to setting them up as I never bothered to buy a board and power supply. They are really just a novelty more than anything really I don't need them for live use.

Anyway having set them up, I am finding that if I play anything other than very soft, I am getting a rather odd popping kind of noise - similar to that which you would get by touching the string against the pickup magnet.

Any ideas what this would be? For what it's worth, I'm using a Korg DT10, EHX Bass Big Muff, EHX Multiplexer, DOD envelope filter and MXR Phaser into LMKIII and Aguilar GS112. It's my guitarists board and power supply and he has never had similar problems which leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with the supply and obviously if I go straight into my amp without the pedals there is no issue.

i would put the octave first after the tuner, then filter, bbm, and then phaser.
That i think is by the by.
are you using batteries or an adaptor?
i would first just connect the tuner in line, then assuming all is well add the octave, then assuming that is fine add the others until an issue occurs and you'll find where the problem is occurring.
Do all the pedals work individually with your rig?