Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT Classic

Crazyforkillua

I need a new amp, and I was looking at the Ampeg SVT-410HLF Classic:

[url="http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ampeg-SVT-410HLF-Classic-Series-Bass-Cabinet-100272586-i1153162.gc"]http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ampeg-SVT-410H...586-i1153162.gc[/url]

Can somebody tell me how they are? I originally was thinking of getting an 8x10 but thats too much for me atm.

Thanks.

I use this cab and I get on with it. It's heavy but still reasonably portable and gives me the vintage tone I like.

What amp are you thinking of using with it?

Cheers

Mark

PS -- I take it, given the time of your post and the Guitar Center link, that you're in the US. You shouldn't have any trouble getting Ampeg gear at a good price -- we pay twice as much in England.

Edited by misrule

[quote name='misrule' post='84340' date='Nov 6 2007, 04:22 AM']I use this cab and I get on with it. It's heavy but still reasonably portable and gives me the vintage tone I like.

What amp are you thinking of using with it?

Cheers

Mark

PS -- I take it, given the time of your post and the Guitar Center link, that you're in the US. You shouldn't have any trouble getting Ampeg gear at a good price -- we pay twice as much in England.[/quote]
Idk, would it best to have a bass head? I was looking at ampeg heads but I'm not sure what to look for in them since I never had a bass head. I have a Carvin amp right now, but I want to upgrade to something better.

And yea, lol. I'm US. Forgot to mention that lol.

[quote name='Crazyforkillua' post='84436' date='Nov 6 2007, 02:51 PM']Idk, would it best to have a bass head? I was looking at ampeg heads but I'm not sure what to look for in them since I never had a bass head. I have a Carvin amp right now, but I want to upgrade to something better.

And yea, lol. I'm US. Forgot to mention that lol.[/quote]
I use an SVT-3 Pro, which I also like despite its reputation as being under-powered.

I believe Mr Hoppus also has a couple of them. :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='84559' date='Nov 6 2007, 06:57 PM']I use an SVT-3 Pro, which I also like despite its reputation as being under-powered.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

+1 for an SVT-3 Pro, I absolutely love mine, and coupled with the 8 ohm version of the cab you're looking at I really can't see me changing anything about my set up for a very long time. However, if you get the opportunity to try it all out first, take it - some people hate the ampeg tone.

Also I thought Mark Hoppus was an SVT-4 man?

EDIT: Realised there was a comment that could have derailed the topic. Sorry!

Edited by ashevans09

[quote name='misrule' post='84559' date='Nov 6 2007, 01:57 PM']I use an SVT-3 Pro, which I also like despite its reputation as being under-powered.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Haha, thanks :huh: So I can substitue an amp with a bass head + cab?

And I'm a big Hoppus fan lol

[quote name='ashevans09' post='84709' date='Nov 6 2007, 07:24 PM']+1 for an SVT-3 Pro, I absolutely love mine, and coupled with the 8 ohm version of the cab you're looking at I really can't see me changing anything about my set up for a very long time. However, if you get the opportunity to try it all out first, take it - some people hate the ampeg tone.

Also I thought Mark Hoppus was an SVT-4 man?

EDIT: Realised there was a comment that could have derailed the topic. Sorry![/quote]

Yea, Ichecked wiki right now. It says he uses an SVT-4

I just checked and SVT-4s are 1.2k.....holy sh*t lol. How much are the SVT-3?