Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Boxer 65 - Noisy mains switch

KiOgon

As above, is there a mod I can do? I'm thinking a capacitor across the switch? I'm fine at soldering & doing the job but wouldn't dream of trying it without knowing what value & where the cap should go exactly, for obvious reasons!

I remember using a 'PMR' in the past, was that a capacitor & resistor encapsulated in a package? Is that what I need?

Cheers,
John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='766974' date='Mar 7 2010, 03:34 PM']As above, is there a mod I can do? I'm thinking a capacitor across the switch? I'm fine at soldering & doing the job but wouldn't dream of trying it without knowing what value & where the cap should go exactly, for obvious reasons!

I remember using a 'PMR' in the past, was that a capacitor & resistor encapsulated in a package? Is that what I need?

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Don't think it will be the switch but I would not recommend trying to mask a fault with a modification. Best to find out why there is a problem and fix it.

putting a cap across the AC mains may well result in an exploding cap, loss of an eye, etc.

Cap and resistors are used on the DC side of the power supplies, never AC.

Dave

This is what I was talking about:- [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=498"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=498[/url]
Looks exactly what it needs - I think? I can get to Maplins :)

Expert help required please as to exactly how it should be wired in?

Edited by KiOgon