Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

audition advice

Steve_nottm

I used to practice at Magnet regularly and the bloke that runs it is a nice guy and reliable. If they're blaming problems with repeated cancellations of practices on Magnet, they're talking out of their arses.

Leave well alone IMO. If it's that hard to sort out a practice, getting gigging will be a nightmare.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='765275' date='Mar 5 2010, 03:43 PM'][b]I used to practice at Magnet regularly and the bloke that runs it is a nice guy and reliable. If they're blaming problems with repeated cancellations of practices on Magnet, they're talking out of their arses.[/b]

Leave well alone IMO. If it's that hard to sort out a practice, getting gigging will be a nightmare.[/quote]

Agree with that. IME Magnet are great.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='765334' date='Mar 5 2010, 04:21 PM']just worth a mention here - [email protected] is nothing to do with my band - www.splinter-band.co.uk also in Nottingham, to avoid any confusion[/quote]

Ah - you're with them. I did google to try and find her band and only found yours. It did strike me as odd.

Think this is looking more and more like something that I should avoid.

Edited by Steve_nottm

Same thing here.

Had all the e-mails, and the cancellations too.
:)
I decided to give them a wide berth last week after they failed to respond to my e-mail or phone calls to confirm who they were and where they had got my details.

+1 on all the above, if they can't get this together what are they gonna be like if they actually have to arrange a gig?

..... but Lord above, I did laugh my arse off when I read the e-mail from Will , "thanking" them for letting him be a part of the audition process... :rolleyes:

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='765387' date='Mar 5 2010, 04:51 PM']you mean I am NOT with them - the timewasters that is..[/quote]

sorry, yes I meant you're with the other band who's details came up when I was googleing. Not the timewaster band.

To be fair to them, it looks odd but all I have had is one cancelled audition, which I was called in advance about. Still concerned. We'll see what happens from here. I now have a mental image of loads of basschatters turning up to auditon at the same time!

[quote name='Steve_nottm' post='766361' date='Mar 6 2010, 07:08 PM']To be fair to them, it looks odd but all I have had is one cancelled audition, which I was called in advance about. Still concerned. We'll see what happens from here. I now have a mental image of loads of basschatters turning up to auditon at the same time![/quote]
:)

I once worked with a young girl who, after regaling us with a tale about arriving home to find her boyfriend in bed atop one of her female friends, told us she felt suspicious at that moment.

I realise that you are giving them a fair chance based on your own experience with them, but then, that would mean you should probably hold fire on your thoughts about Robert Mugabe.