Why become a member? ×

Quest for the most Versatile Bass ever!

Schnozzalee

[quote name='redstriper' post='764338' date='Mar 4 2010, 07:21 PM']I've been there already, with an Epiphone EB-0 which I bought new and sold on almost immediately.
It did have a very deep tone, but not quite right for fussy old me - too rich and growly and not clear enough, I find the same thing with precisions.
I love the front pup sound of my old jazz bass, just wish it wasn't so heavy.[/quote]

I find that with Dub/Reggae, whilst it does matter to an extent what sort of bass you're playing (and the EBs are a good suggestion), for the most part the thing you need to get the proper Dub tone is a decent preamp.
To be honest I personally think that you could play most types of bass and as long as its got a decent bass boost and upper/mid cut then it'll be fine. I played a Zoot which had what I deemed to be a dub switch which seemed to cut out all the top end and some high mids and cranked the bottom end and it was bass to the face :)