Why become a member? ×

AVALON U5 DI/Pre-Amp with rack ears £350 SOLD

drewie

This is in excellent condition having only been used occasionally by myself over the past few years. I bought it in 2005 from the original owner who used it in their studio. It comes complete with all the manuals and also includes the optional RM-1 rack ears which cost around £65 from Dolphin Music. It is boxed and is encased in a thick foam sleeve.

I am selling it as it is surplus to my needs.

If you have any questions at all please ask.

£350 for local collection in the Cardiff area, for anybody living further afield please PM me.

No trades sorry.

Here is a link to Avalon's product page - [url="http://www.avalondesign.com/instrudi.html"]Avalon U5[/url]

Edited by drewie

[quote name='Toasted' post='762748' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:17 AM']I run one of these with my IP112 rig and it sounds fantastic. I also record with it, where it sounds equally good.[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, it does sound wonderful whether used live or for recording. Beautiful warm and clean Class A sound. It needs a good home cos I don't use it anywhere near often enough to justify keeping it.

Edited by drewie

There's a reason why you'll very often see an Avalon U5 sat on top of, or next to the bass rig of numerous famous/big name bass players, and on stage with the best high-end PA systems (e.g. Glastonbury) - it's because they are the mutt's nuts. The U5 is the 'Industry Standard' if you want the best DI bass sound live or in the studio.