Why become a member? ×

FS: Tobias Toby Pro 4, upgraded with EMG pups & preamp

Bass Culture

Okay, folks, I think that, as nice as this is, it’s going to have to go after another more recent and somewhat rash purchase. This is a Tobias Toby Pro in what might best be described as translucent blood red. It was previously owned by Greene King (Wraithrider – Peter) and I took in part ex against my Les Evans when I sold that to Pete. I believe it may have made its way to one of the more recent bass bashes, so a few of you may be familiar with the bass. It’s got a very fast and comfortable neck and is very well made – neck through construction and very comfortable body contouring etc. Pete swapped out the stock pickups and preamp - which I understand were always a weak point – and has upgraded it significantly with EMG pickups and two band pre-amp. Consequently it’s got a very good range of tones on offer, from the classic ‘hi fi’ EMG tone when things are set flat to a really nice, punchy finger style-type sound if you pan towards the bridge pickup, roll off the treble and boost the bass a bit – mmm, nice. Pretty much as new condition – I’ve looked really hard and can’t find a mark on it. See:

The pick up and preamp swap makes (so I am told) a big improvement from the stock bass, though the original pickups and tone controls will be included in the sale too. No hard case but a fairly okay gig bag is included. I’d prefer collection rather than trust to delivery, seeing as there’s no hard case, but I can also meet you half way up to a reasonable distance from Chester. Any other questions or if anyone wants to try before they buy, just shoot me a PM. Oh, and price wise – I’m looking for £340.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 months later...