Why become a member? ×

SOLD ON THE BAY! Double Neck - Steinberger Spirit Bass/Guitar White Mint (Can Post)

xilddx

Mint Steinberger Spirit Double Neck. Now on the 'bay. Wunjo charge 20% commission and I had second thoughts.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330415543266"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=330415543266[/url]

[b]I'll certainly be happy with a trade, particularly for Mackie SRM V2 powered monitors, a decent acoustic bass, a decent Rickenfaker, MicroKorg, interesting stuff, WHY?[/b]

White with black binding. Rosewood board, maple neck.

Guitar is a great player and has the licenced Steinberger vibrato system, stays in tune brilliantly.

Bass is a standard Spirit bass. Medium action, bullet proof tuning, nice player.

Comes with Steinberger gig bag, spare sets of LaBella strings for guitar and bass, allen keys.

I bought this from Sixshooter a few months ago for £600 as I needed for it or live work, but that need is gone as we're getting a guitarist.

It's quite rare and unusual so please ask all the questions you like.

I can now post this, or pickup from Ealing, West London.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='arsenic' post='760005' date='Feb 28 2010, 06:44 PM']That is singularly THE most desirable thing I have ever seen - 3 months or so later in the year and you would have friction burns from the speed it left your hands.[/quote]
I'm not in a big rush, old bean. Start saving :)

[quote name='dudewheresmybass89' post='761426' date='Mar 2 2010, 01:55 AM']:) i may have fallen in love with this, are you only looking for bass trades or would you be interested in other things? i have a few things i would like to shift soon, if you let me know what sort of equipment you are looking for, i might have something which you will be interested in![/quote]
PM me your list dude!

[quote name='cocco' post='762069' date='Mar 2 2010, 06:30 PM']Any interest in an Aria SB II elite as a trade?[/quote]
Not really mate, but if you give me £300 as well that would mean I can get my Mackie SRM.

Let me know.

[quote name='cocco' post='762090' date='Mar 2 2010, 06:53 PM']Woah that's steep. I value my aria a bit higher than that. I really like this bass (for want of a better word) though. I don't think I've ever seen anything so cool :)[/quote]
Oh, sorry mate, I thought they were worth about £200. Is it an old one?

[quote name='cocco' post='762124' date='Mar 2 2010, 07:25 PM']Yeah either 82 or 83 it's basically an sb900 but White and gold. Plays and sounds great. Known as and refered to by peers as the poor mans Alembic :)[/quote]
Riiiight, sorry about that. So what do you value it at and why are you getting rid?

strangely enough ive just set one of those aria's up at the studio i work in.. literally 10 mins ago, quite a nice bass

[quote name='silddx' post='762129' date='Mar 2 2010, 07:31 PM']Riiiight, sorry about that. So what do you value it at and why are you getting rid?[/quote]

Very interesting! Separate outputs for the guitar and the bass? How about the controls? Is it possible to keep the selector switch in a middle position so that both bass and guitar are on at once?

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='The Funk' post='764680' date='Mar 5 2010, 01:55 AM']Very interesting! Separate outputs for the guitar and the bass? How about the controls? Is it possible to keep the selector switch in a middle position so that both bass and guitar are on at once?[/quote]
Hello Funk.

Right, there are two outputs, one is "smart" which means you can plug into it and use the three way switch to have either bass or guitar and neither in the centre position. The other output means the guitar and bass run separately so you can plug into two rigs.

You can not have both guitar and bass on at the same time. I wanted to but soon realised that the vibration through the body caused by playing one or the other means the unplayed instrument rings sympathetically, so there is no practical application for having both on simultaneously.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info. In terms of application then, it could be used for switching from bass to guitar or vice versa in different sections of a song rather than bass notes and chords on the same section? I'm trying to figure out how practical a selector footswitch would be as a work-around solution. Probably not very!

[quote name='The Funk' post='765190' date='Mar 5 2010, 02:36 PM']Thanks for the info. In terms of application then, it could be used for switching from bass to guitar or vice versa in different sections of a song rather than bass notes and chords on the same section?

I'm trying to figure out how practical a selector footswitch would be as a work-around solution. Probably not very![/quote]
First part is correct. I have been doing that.

Second part, I can't see any practical advantage in a footswitch either :)

[quote name='silddx' post='772528' date='Mar 12 2010, 10:23 AM']New trade ideas ..

I'm after a MicroKorg, good acoustic bass, Rickenfaker .. there must be something interesting out there for a swap, give me a shout.[/quote]

Thaks for the trade offer for my p bass
Sorry, but have a bump :)

:)

This also comes with a spare set of bass strings and two spare sets of guitar strings, one with the top E missing. Both brand new LaBella Steinbergers.

I also have spare used sets of D'Addario and others

This such a bargain now. With about £50 or more of spare strings.