Why become a member? ×

Cheapie! Encore Precision

Jebo1

I have an Encore Precision in white. Good guitar, the nut has gone walkabout and the electrics could do with a re-solder, but it's a good project for someone.

See a good picture here. The knobs and everything are pretty good and it should be a useful guitar if you need one.

I'm getting rid of tons of stuff, so check out the other stuff I have for sale. This is for sale at £35.

Cheers, L

Edited by Jebo1

I'm in Clifton. I can take it to the centre of town though if someone wanted it.

I bought it for £50 a few months ago for my brother - then he tells me he wants to learn NORMAL guitar! Bloody fool.

It has to go, and someone can use it so let's get it gone!!!

He's a nice bloke, I bought him a reasonable electrc and set it up and he's happy with that. Still, the cumulative present cost was £70, and I only got a T-Shirt from TK Maxx!!!

Had a few PMs, dealing with them in order. One chap has agreed to purchase and will get back in touch tomorrow. If not by mid-day will offer it to the next in-line. Hope people find this ok.

If anyone wants a double bass, EA amp of 4U flightcase then chek out my other items :-)

[quote name='Jebo1' post='754317' date='Feb 22 2010, 08:18 PM']I have an Encore Precision in white. Good guitar, the nut has gone walkabout and the electrics could do with a re-solder, but it's a good project for someone.

See a good picture here. The knobs and everything are pretty good and it should be a useful guitar if you need one.

I'm getting rid of tons of stuff, so check out the other stuff I have for sale. This is for sale at £35.

Cheers, L

[/quote]

That looks like one of the better early Indian built ones with the solid ash body, looks like the one I've got (the special edition they did in a kind of pearlescent white). I've changed the pickups to EMG's & it sounds fantastic!! Sooo heavy though, my back aches after a long gig. I bought mine new around 1992/93.

[quote name='tazza1' post='754445' date='Feb 22 2010, 09:56 PM']That looks like one of the better early Indian built ones with the solid ash body, looks like the one I've got (the special edition they did in a kind of pearlescent white). I've changed the pickups to EMG's & it sounds fantastic!! Sooo heavy though, my back aches after a long gig. I bought mine new around 1992/93.[/quote]

Pmd by mistake , apologies

[quote name='Bass-ic' post='754975' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:25 PM']Pmd by mistake , apologies[/quote]

No problem! - I think they are great basses which make a good P Bass type sound even with the stock pickups, they just get a bit muddy with the treble rolled off. Good basis for building a great bass on the cheap.
I used mine on a lot of my bands recordings even before I fitted the EMG's.

Go for it!

[quote name='tazza1' post='755021' date='Feb 23 2010, 02:14 PM']No problem! - I think they are great basses which make a good P Bass type sound even with the stock pickups, they just get a bit muddy with the treble rolled off. Good basis for building a great bass on the cheap.
I used mine on a lot of my bands recordings even before I fitted the EMG's.

Go for it![/quote]

cheers

:)

Edited by Bass-ic