Why become a member? ×

Think I've died and gone to heaven!

basshead56

Hi guys.
Just said I'd let you know about my experiment today (my days off are never really days off!) :)
I got a Trace Elliot 1524 cab the other day, as a part ex on an Ampeg cab I was selling.
It is immaculate. there aren't any scratches, the tolex is spotless, the grille is typically Trace Elliot ie bomb-resistant!.
Came with castors and a vinyl cover. but also in good nick.
Decided i'd give it a run through!
Picked out a bass-my trusty sienna 78 Precision (the standard by which all things claiming to be great are measured!) and off to the 'lab' I went! :rolleyes:

So I tried the cab with a few amps
Tried it with my Ampeg b500dr-crisp,deep, clear and nice highs. Didn't really make a huge difference to me-I usually run that amp through an 8x10 or 2x 4x10 setup.
Then dropped the VBA400 on top-pure thunder!!!A cracker of a rig! Kicked my ears and my arse! Though I have 8x12 (2xVBC412's) of Marshall cabs (and that is more power than any man should have, ever), so decided I'd keep it that way-Im a purist! :lol:
Then feeling a bit cheeky, popped the Briefcase on top, disconnected the internal speakers and away I went...

Fookenelle!!!

There was so much bottom end, I forgot what I was doing!
Had a fiddle with the EQ and I was set!
Same as VBA400 almost. Pure, untamed bass! So much depth and clarity! mids were nice and the top end was whistle-like in how clear it was!
This has to be one of the sweetest sounding rigs I have EVER heard!
I only meant it as a laugh, but now seriously considering it as my EUB rig-maybe even mid-sized venue kit!

Anyone else had a similar experience, messing with different amps and cabs??