Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kasim Sulton Signature Bass

Mickeyboro

You don't see many of these around – a fabulous-looking none more black bass by Archer with a space-age bridge, a Jazz-style neck and active P/J pickup configuration. Makes you feel like a rock star even if you patently don't look like one (see pic!)

String through body design; transculcent black finish on ash body, with maple/rosewood neck, pearloid KS on headstock and a signature inlaid in twelfth fret. Have only owned for a few months but expensive kids at University necessitates that last in is first out.

If interested I can send close-up pics; haven't had the heart to take any yet! But why settle for less when you can have set neck construction, superb build quality and knockout looks? £275.

[attachment=3203:IMG_2551.JPG]

Edited by Mickeyboro

• 2 months later...

Some pictures and a price drop to [b]£195 [/b]plus delivery

The four controls are pickup balance, treble, bass and master volume. The first three have centre detentes which is useful when you're modifying things on stage.

The full P pickup position makes this indistinguishable from my Precision. The J pickup is more subtle - I usually use the combination and add more treble and bass as the song dictates. The strings go through the body, and the bridge is not only stylish but substantial, so you get the best of both worlds.

The looks I have always thought are similar to a modernised Jazz - an Aerodyne-ish image. The black finish is semi translucent and you can just about see the grain of the wood through it. Headstock is quite understated with the KS logo inlaid in abalone. I like the side-mounted jack position, more convenient than the Fender.

The neck is set, so no plate, and reminds me of my old Guild in that respect. It plays quickly, slightly thinner than a P, and is easy to navigate with fret markers - I find the 12th fret signature a help too. Strings are Elixirs. But the big plus is the weight - it is such a relief to play after my P and you could get through three sets an evening with no pain. The active circuit and natural string-thru sustain mean the relative lightness doesn't affect the sound.

Condition wise it's excellent; metalwork bright and untarnished as can be seen. There's a tiny chip at the top/back of the headstock which is indistinguishable colourwise and too minor to show up on photos. Apart from that, as I got it.

Edited by Mickeyboro

Now on ebay

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130200323749&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=003[/url]

Edited by Mickeyboro

• 1 month later...