Why become a member? ×

Me'Shell Ndegeocello Grooves

TKenrick

Been working on this on and off for a while and finally got round to finishing it. I know there are a few Me'Shell fans here so I thought I'd post it.

Not the entire album, but a selection of grooves from most of the tracks. The feel of some of the lines and fills can't really be done justice in notation (not by me, at least!), particularly when it comes to slides, trills and other ornaments.

[attachment=42825:Peace_Be..._Passion.pdf]

Comments, corrections and suggestions are always welcome :)

Tom

What a fantastic album!
This is usually the one I first recommend when people want to find out about Meshell.
Thanks for the transcriptions,
V.

[quote name='TKenrick' post='747630' date='Feb 16 2010, 07:06 PM']Been working on this on and off for a while and finally got round to finishing it. I know there are a few Me'Shell fans here so I thought I'd post it.

Not the entire album, but a selection of grooves from most of the tracks. The feel of some of the lines and fills can't really be done justice in notation (not by me, at least!), particularly when it comes to slides, trills and other ornaments.

[attachment=42825:Peace_Be..._Passion.pdf]

Comments, corrections and suggestions are always welcome :)

Tom[/quote]

I have learned alot of "the world has made me the man of my dreams" album by ear and just jamming along, but the bass playing on that album is so natural and so "Meshell" i wouldn't do it justice by tabbing it, after all she just recorded her self jamming for that album, but man the bass lines and songs are incredible and have such a great feel to them, along with Stu Zender she's my main inspiration, i'll give your tabs ago tonight!