Why become a member? ×

Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway Bass - Traded

Floyd Pepper

Hi,

After a lot of thought (I'm going through a sensible phase), I have decided to let go of this beautiful, Nashville US made, Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway Bass. I originally bought it from the US as an ex-demo model and I believe it to be a 2006 model.
[attachment=42764:DSC_6164.JPG][attachment=42765:DSC_6165.JPG][attachment=42766:DSC_6167.JPG]
[attachment=42767:DSC_6170.JPG][attachment=42768:DSC_6172.JPG]

It has a AA Maple top with a Root Beer finish, rosewood neck and gold hardware including Grover tuners. Here's a link to the BGM review (issue 47);
[url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:gibson-les-paul-double-cut-a-standard-basses&catid=37:bassguitars"]BGM Gibson LP Review[/url]
When I bought this I was expecting the usual Gibson type neck dive but I was surprised by how well balanced this bass is.

It will also come with the original Gibson shaped hard case. It's in excellent condition with only a couple of small nicks on the headstock (see last photo).
I know I always say this but I really would like to avoid posting this one (I'm near J13 M25 but willing to meet in a reasonable distance). The case is in as good condition as the bass.
As for price....well there's not too many of these around to gauge and they originally retailed at £1500.00 without case. I am asking for £950.00
Any questions, just ask or pm me.
cheers,
Jim

Edited by Floyd Pepper

Hi Jim,

I have the Les Paul Standard Bass (Honeyburst), lives under my bed ^_^ , for now anyway, I'll have to get around to doing a decent ad to put it back up for sale on this site.

I got chapter and verse on the origin of mine from 'guitardataproject' web site, you just need the Serial No.

See: [url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/"]Guitardataproject web address[/url].

Hope it helps with the sale.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Oggy' post='747120' date='Feb 16 2010, 12:35 PM']Hi Jim,

I have the Les Paul Standard Bass (Honeyburst), lives under my bed ^_^ , for now anyway, I'll have to get around to doing a decent ad to put it back up for sale on this site.

I got chapter and verse on the origin of mine from 'guitardataproject' web site, you just need the Serial No.

See: [url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/"]Guitardataproject web address[/url].

Hope it helps with the sale.

Oggy :)[/quote]

Cheers Oggy.
Just put my serial number into it and then I keep getting an error page so I'll try again later.
Jim

[quote name='The Burpster' post='747422' date='Feb 16 2010, 04:34 PM']Thats by far the nicest Gibson bass I've ever seen......

Nut width and string spacing at both ends please, also any clues as to depth of neck (ie profile) as Gibbos tend to vary a lot between models I'm lead to believe......[/quote]
Thanks for the comments. Personally, I don't think the photos do it justice.
Here's the spec from the original Gibson data sheet. (If you want a copy, then just pm me).

Neck;
Species: Mahogany
Profile: Rounded bass
Peghead Pitch: 10 degrees
Thickness at 1st Fret: .820"
Thickness at 12th fret: .920"
Heel Length: .625"
Nut Type: Corian (and I just measured it at 40mm)

Fingerboard;
Rosewood
Scale length: 34"
Total Length: 25.913"
Frets: 24
Width at 12th fret: 2.140"

cheers,
Jim

• 2 weeks later...