Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez RG570, Made in Japan, 1990.

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a Ibanez RG570, made in Japan in 1990. The guitar was owned by two people since new, myself and the previous owner who lives in Frome, Somerset. It is roughly 8lbs in weight according to a bathroom scale.

[size=3][b]Specification[/b]
[/size]
This example is in gloss black with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, features the original V series pickups, H-S-H, an original Edge 1 tremelo (Not to be confused with the far inferior edge 2/3), Gotoh Tuners, Locking nut, Volume/5 position switch and tone controls. The neck is bolted on in the non All access neck way, which is in keeping with the age of the RG.

The guitar comes with a non original hardcase with various stickers stuck on one side.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

The electronics are scratchy but functional. The jacksocket, tremelo, truss rod, tuners all work 100%. The neck is straight as an arrow.

[size=3][b]Playability [/b][/size]

The strings on the guitar are quite heavy, what appears to be 12 gauge ernie ball nickles but i am unsure. The guitar is setup half a step down from standard E. The neck is thin and wide, not a super skinny neck like some of the modern RG's but still thin. The action is very low and pretty much buzz free. I am not much of a guitar player but my fantastic guitar playing friend Bob checked it out and loved the thing and hes a fussy bugger. The Jumbo frets are in great condition.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

The standard pickups are great for soloing, providing precise tone without muddiness, the bridge humbucker is very high gain, the single coil is great for a bit of trebley funk and the neck humbucker is good for those classic rock heartfelt solos. Ryhthmwise the guitar sounds very ballsy and chunky.

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

The guitar has one ding on the front of guitar shown in the photos. It also has a small chip near the jack socket also shown in the photos. There is some sticker residue left from a price tag on the back of the headstock. The neckplate has seen some wear.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

The price is [b]£250 FIRM[/b]

Trades i would consider on this guitar are basses, any are considered that are of a similar value to the Ibanez.

I may consider part exchanges on Gold P-bass parts.

[size=3][b]Payment method[/b][/size]

Cash or Bank transfer.

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

I can offer postal delivery of the guitar as long as the cost is met by the buyer, the guitar will be sent the day after payment is received. I can offer a hand delivered service to your nearest major train station for the same price as postage would have cost, however this offer is only available to people willing to meet within 200 miles of Bristol.

You can also pick up the guitar locally in Bristol. However i do not have a dedicated guitar amp with distortion to try it out with, only a clean bass rig.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

The guitar has had its plastic pickup rings replaced with custom metal ones as the plastic ones became cracked through use. The old plastic rings are supplied along with a truss rod allen key, tremelo arm and Dunlop Straploks.

If you require any other information or specific photos of the guitar, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address [email protected], My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos[/b][/size]

• 2 weeks later...