Why become a member? ×

Why do people keep requesting tabs in this forum?

Oscar South

[quote name='Oscar South' post='738076' date='Feb 7 2010, 01:38 PM']Thank you, I'm glad someone got the point of this thread. Should have seen it coming really[/quote]

Let me expand
Studying other chops is an important part of musical development whether it is a sex pistols line or a Charlie Parker sax solo both come under T&T, bit of snobbery if you ask me, this Forum is for bass players of all levels and tastes lest keep it that way.

[quote name='ironside1966' post='738139' date='Feb 7 2010, 02:54 PM']Let me expand
Studying other chops is an important part of musical development whether it is a sex pistols line or a Charlie Parker sax solo both come under T&T, bit of snobbery if you ask me, this Forum is for bass players of all levels and tastes lest keep it that way.[/quote]

You can relate almost anything to do with bass playing to theory and technique because those are the essential tools of the trade. Recording is dependant on theory and technique, gigging is dependant on theory and technique; should we delete those subforums and amalgamate them into the theory and technique one simply because the ability to do those things is over-arched by theory and technique?

The request threads end up here simply because they'll get moved from the main discussion forums and since theory and technique is such an over-arching category they can be vaguely shoehorned into it. I just think it'd be better to have a separate category for them.

Don’t see the fuss myself, T & T sections for me is about improving your playing tabs can help.
If the mods see fit to place them in T&T IMHO it is the right place, even if it is not whatever you do someone will complain, if they break everything down into sub forums to keep people happy where will it end the whole site will become a nightmare to run and mess to read. Keep things simple understand that this forum caters for everyone.

This site is voluntary contributions only, no advertising you can buy, sell, trade, for free and has great people who give good advice for nothing and people still complain
Keep things simple and understand that this forum caters for everyone.

[quote name='ironside1966' post='738200' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:44 PM']Don’t see the fuss myself, T & T sections for me is about improving your playing tabs can help.[/quote]

Presumably, the Theory & Technique section is about Theory & Technique?

[quote name='ironside1966' post='738200' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:44 PM']If the mods see fit to place them in T&T IMHO it is the right place[/quote]

If an innocent person is incarcerated for doing what they believe is the right thing to do (euthanasia, for example), is the decision of the law the 'correct' outcome? This is an extreme example but just because the 'law' make a decision based on their given framework of functionality, it doesn't mean its correct: sometimes it means that the basic framework needs reworking to facilitate the correct outcomes.

Please don't get into a euthanasia debate now, heh.

[quote name='ironside1966' post='738200' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:44 PM']if they break everything down into sub forums to keep people happy where will it end the whole site will become a nightmare to run and mess to read. Keep things simple understand that this forum caters for everyone[/quote]

The 'Groove Library' subforum has 192 posts in all time across 50 threads, I'm sure that there are more than 192 tab request threads, let alone 50.

[quote name='ironside1966' post='738200' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:44 PM']This site is voluntary contributions only, no advertising you can buy, sell, trade, for free and has great people who give good advice for nothing and people still complain[/quote]

I'm giving my opinion on how to improve the site for free, don't be so ungrateful

• 3 weeks later...