Why become a member? ×

Blocks and Binding for a Jazz

BarnacleBob

Currently v impressed by tom1946s black MiM Jazz in the for sale section I have been set to wondering how sensible an option is it to get a plain dotted neck converted to blocks and binding?

I have a lovely Blade B4 with one piece maple neck and ebony fretboard and I assume any competent luthier could do the work but is it likely to change the tone of the bass in anyway? Also wot would be a ballpark figure to expect for the work or should I just shell out for Toms Jazz ( for which i have no room anyway)

Cheers BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='735324' date='Feb 4 2010, 05:51 PM']Currently v impressed by tom1946s black MiM Jazz in the for sale section I have been set to wondering how sensible an option is it to get a plain dotted neck converted to blocks and binding?

I have a lovely Blade B4 with one piece maple neck and ebony fretboard and I assume any competent luthier could do the work but is it likely to change the tone of the bass in anyway? Also wot would be a ballpark figure to expect for the work or should I just shell out for Toms Jazz ( for which i have no room anyway)

Cheers BB[/quote]

Get a VMJ neck.