Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[sfx] Red Dragon *SOLD*

pantherairsoft

SOLD

As the title says, a Red Dragon Overdrive/booster from [sfx]. Anyone here that has used it will know its damn good at what it does, and Max's reputation for building great bits of kit does not lie...

This is effectively a clean boost pedal, with some warm saturation. It has an input and output volume control, meaning you can vary the actual instrument output, allowing you to mush more clean volume through the pedal (ala a boost pedal), or you can push the pedal into overdrive, anywhere from warmth to saturated, to aggressive. Better still the gain can be altered internally up or down according to taste!

It also has a single tone control, just like on a traditional passive bass and a toggle switch to engage or disengage the tone control, so if yo like the sound of the bass with the overdrive you can bypass it, it yo want to shape the overdriven sound a little, flick the switch! This is great for comparing your natural tone to the 'EQ'd' tone easily.

These retail at £99. This has never been gigged, used only in the home. Has a fresh piece of unused velcro (both parts!) on the bottom and is pristine in condition. Am asking a bargain *SOLD* plus postage... a steal for a brand new boutique pedal! NO TRADES

Link to [sfx] details of the pedal - [url="http://sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=red_dragon"]http://sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=red_dragon[/url]

Pic... (Sorry, taken on Iphone)

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='The Burpster' post='745162' date='Feb 14 2010, 07:36 PM'](...) I had a play with an MXR micro amp last nite (very similar to the RD) (...)[/quote]
I am not sure I understand. In which way is the MXR micro amp [b]very similar[/b] to the RD?

[quote name='The Burpster' post='745162' date='Feb 14 2010, 07:36 PM'](...)
Decided I need a EH cal 22 preamp.
(...)[/quote]
Isn't the [url="http://www.ehx.com/products/22-caliber"]EHX Cal 22[/url] a guitar power amp? :)

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='The Burpster' post='745230' date='Feb 14 2010, 08:20 PM']My reply was aimed at, and meant for Shep.[/quote]

Please accept my apologies. I hope I didn’t offend you :blush:

I though I asked questions that other people could find interesting. I obviously misinterpreted your post. I didn't see it was a sort of public PM strictly addressed to Shep.

As Global Moderator please feel free to delete my questions if you feel they might be inappropriate.

Edited by Silent Fly

Oh...

Blimey...

In fairness to Max his questions do make sense, the Red Dragon is a Boost pedal and an Overdrive pedal, NOT a pre/power amp. As such, yes it is likely you would of been selling it again as it would
of been completely unsuitable.

I'm sure no offence was meant anywhere chaps...

This is a finished thread no so let's leave it that way

Shep