Why become a member? ×

spector legend classic

bigash

I love mine. I bought one a few years ago for £330 from Sound Control, but it didn't suit my band. Of course, that band split and I regretted selling it, so I bought another. Good build quality, plenty of tonal variation from the Tone Pump Jr EQ and passive EMG pickups. The older versions come with EMG-HZs, and the newer ones have EMG-SSDs, which have a bit more mid-range. I've got some recent recordings using it, if you PM me your email address I'll send you some.

So a great bass, with the most comfortable body shape ever designed. But would I buy one new since the price hike? No. Look for second-hand Rebop instead, better build quality and hardware (but same pickups). Search the For Sale forum to find Josh's (and stop me from buying it! :)), cheaper than a new Legend.

Superb basses for the money, they seem so much better than the price tag would imply.

I have a legend 4 classic, bought secondhand, which has the SSD pickups mentioned before and the tonepump EQ. I've heard people berate the tonepump circuit and SSD pickups, but I love the sound from it. It's great for slapping! The front pickup is full and growly and the back pickup is tight and funky. Again as mentioned before it has that classic Spector body shape, which is soooo comfortable, it just tucks into you. The quilted wood on the top of the body looks good too and the hardware is decent. Nice big chunky locking bridge, no Badass needed here! The quality of the fretwork too is impressive, and would put many far more expensive basses to shame.

I would agree with RussFM though, don't buy new. Get one secondhand and bag a bargain.

Kets