Why become a member? ×

Opinions?

jonnyfastfingers

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='733939' date='Feb 3 2010, 12:06 PM']Not 100% sure. FM is supposed to be flamed maple top. Looks white to me, or is it the pic? LTD basses are pretty good, but looks like an old model.

Personally, I would do a bit more research before buying.[/quote]

It is actually my bass (and poor photography) it is flamed maple ! It is an older model but in absolutely mint condition.
It is an absolute cracker of a bass despite the fact that ESP's don't have a very good rep on this forum. It outlived 3 Shukers and an ACG in my collection !

It's just sold !!!!

I personally rate ESP basses pretty high. I have the F-404 and I love it. All the ESP's have really fast necks and are really comfortable to play (even the F series). I simply adore the ESP bridges and the tuning heads.

Downside is the build quality though. LTD's of series 400 and over are made in Korea I believe. Anything under can be Indonesia, China or maybe even vietnam. But I'm not 100% convinced of the build of the 404, so I might not risk anything under if you're looking for a long lasting bass. But then again the sound of these things is immense…