Why become a member? ×

Case or gigbag for a Cort Curbow 5

Conan

Cort don't appear to manufacture a case to fit their slightly wacky Curbow basses! I have the 5 string version, which has a very small body for its size and a pointy headstock.

Can anyone recommend a case or gigbag for such an instrument? I am not gigging much (or even at all) at the moment, and when I do I tend to take my own gear in the car - so heavy duty protection is not necessary.

I don't want to have to spend too much (ideally under fifty quid).

Opinions welcome!!

Edited by Conan

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this helps at all, but until last year I had a Cort C5 with a 3+2 headstock.

I had it in several gigbags which I presume were all standard size (came with other basses) and have since had my much larger Squier P5s in them.

I don't remember there being oodles of extra space when I had the smaller Cort in there, so never felt a "smaller" custom fit bag was required.

Of course, I don't know if the Curbow is the same bass (is that what the C stood for?) or are they completely different?

Glad to confuse you further......

Edited by Huge Hands

• 8 months later...

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='846258' date='May 24 2010, 08:30 AM']Of course, I don't know if the Curbow is the same bass (is that what the C stood for?) or are they completely different?

Glad to confuse you further......[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for that!! :)

This pic clearly shows that it is possible to get a hard case for these basses, but I've had no luck in tracking one down.

Any suggestions welcomed!