Why become a member? ×

Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz (original)

The Twickerman

Hi folks,

I need to upgrade by delay pedal and get a tremolo. Up for grabs is my Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz. I will take £100 for the pedal - but would prefer a swap/trade. The Black Cat is a replica of the Maestro Bass Brassmaster (similar to the Melekko B:Assmaster). This is original Black Cat pedal. No longer in production and very difficult to find.

Near mint condition (but for some very minor cosmetic scuffs on the front - see the pics attached).
[list]
[*]True Bypass switching
[*]AC adaptor jack (Boss PSA/Ibanez style) or internal 9V battery
[*]Normal Volume, Effected volume, and Drive knobs
[*]Two toggle switches: filter and Harmonic for various tones
[*]Fuzz with octavia sound with excellent low end response.
[*]Heavy duty steel metal enclosure about 4" x 6.5" and 2" high
[/list]
These are the pedals I am interested in:-
[list]
[*]Lovepedal Babyface (tremolo)
[*]Lovepedal Echobaby
[*]Catlinbread Semaphor (tremolo)
[*]Boss DD-7
[*]TC Electronic Nova Repeater
[*]Retrosonic Analog Delay
[/list]
Open to other suggestions!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='710455' date='Jan 12 2010, 07:37 PM']Hey All!

Looking for an Octaver and a Fuzz/Distortion (only one! just to clarify), I like the one Josh Homme (queens of the stoneage, Them Crooked Vultures) uses used one with a P-bass last year, can't remember the name =/, Octavius maybe? Not A Clue who its made by, and i can't find anything on it,

but Names please and recommendation! I've only ever used the one, and i remembered how much i loved it!

Thanks!
Adam,

Note:
If you could tell me where i could maybe get one too would be appreciated! Name of pedal and company names please!
Ta![/quote]

might be worth letting this bc'r know..

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='730969' date='Jan 31 2010, 07:07 PM']what is the difference (minus cosmetics, and i must say the new one looks very very cool) between yours and this? [url="http://www.buyanalogman.com/Bass_Octave_Fuzz_p/bc-bass-octave-fuzz.htm"]http://www.buyanalogman.com/Bass_Octave_Fu...octave-fuzz.htm[/url][/quote]

I think the only difference is the case and the addition of a status LED on the newer version.

ok thanks!

i am very interested in this but £100 is a little steep for me right now, but that is an AMAZING price, i'll see what money i can scrape together but i am interested,

can this take a standard BOSS power supply or?

also what are the dimensions? as my pedal board is currently BOSS only + a big muff, and with this things connectors at the north end i'll need to re-arrange, maybe drop the muff from the board etc

Many Thanks!

Note:
How would you want payment? and would it be posted or?

(sorry! i sound like i've bought it! count this as a feeler offer i guess)

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='731522' date='Feb 1 2010, 11:58 AM']ok thanks!

i am very interested in this but £100 is a little steep for me right now, but that is an AMAZING price, i'll see what money i can scrape together but i am interested,

can this take a standard BOSS power supply or?

also what are the dimensions? as my pedal board is currently BOSS only + a big muff, and with this things connectors at the north end i'll need to re-arrange, maybe drop the muff from the board etc

Many Thanks!

Note:
How would you want payment? and would it be posted or?

(sorry! i sound like i've bought it! count this as a feeler offer i guess)[/quote]

Thanks for your interest.

The pedal takes a standard Boss power supply. the approximate dimensions are 4" x 6.5" and 2" high.

Payment by Paypal. When that has cleared I could post or the buyer is welcome to collect.

I could post however you want (at your cost), but it would have to be signed for on delivery (e.g. Royal Mail Special Delivery). I think that'd probably cost about £8.

Okay?

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='731582' date='Feb 1 2010, 12:41 PM']Thanks for your interest.

The pedal takes a standard Boss power supply. the approximate dimensions are 4" x 6.5" and 2" high.

Payment by Paypal. When that has cleared I could post or the buyer is welcome to collect.

I could post however you want (at your cost), but it would have to be signed for on delivery (e.g. Royal Mail Special Delivery). I think that'd probably cost about £8.

Okay?[/quote]

Yep! sounds great,

i'll get back to you ASAP via PM