Why become a member? ×

pre-gibson TOBIAS for sale, basic4

leloupa

This one has to go as well as i'm thinning my collection.
Here's serial number 2008 which was originally lined fretless. It has quilted maple wings and one of the fastest neck i've ever played. It has been fretted by a well known luthier in Belgium who did an amazing flawless job, the neck couldnt be removed to saw the lines and install the frets..
In mint condition, here she is, a hi-fi slapmonster nicknamed 'Shrek' made by the Legendary Tobias crew in California :

price : 1750€ or 1525£ firm

Edited by leloupa

Hello Doki,

indeed she's awesome isn't she.. This bass is unique. You'll never find another because there are only 2044 made and 95% are naturally laquered showing awesome natural woodgrains.

Looking for an old Fender ? You'll find 50 in just a few hours surfing the net.. This Tobias is really jawbreaking exclusive.

But i have to dissapoint you, i'm not intrested in any trade..
...Unless its an american made MTD...

I don't mean to be a dick,but it's not a pre Gibson model if the serial number is 2008. Gibson
owned Tobias basses started with number 1094.
It is however a pre-Nashville model,so even though it was made by Mike Tobias and his crew,it
was still under Gibson's ownership.

Still it's a lovely bass.

Thats totally correct Doddy.
Gibson invested and cashed the money, Tobias made 'em during this time. When Gibson cashed the money and Gibson started making them theirselves than those basses lost their value.
The basses numbered upto 2044 were made by a team of wizards and are highly sought after.