Why become a member? ×

ashdown??

danbowskill

I really liked the James Lomenzo Hyper Drive, not quite as much as my GT2, but unlike the GT2 it doesn't require a seperate loop/blend pedal to mix it with a clean signal (since it has it's own blend knob). Does a great job of cutting through the band mix and has a very nice sound, all the way from light overdrive to nasty, but not quite fuzz-like distortion (IMO of course).

I had the LoMenzo Hyperdrive and the Dual Band Compressor on my pedalboard, both of them carked it a while ago whilst everything else (at least as old or older) is still going strong. They both pretty much went at the same time :rolleyes:.

The Hyperdrive was pretty good to be fair, but I never got the hang of the compressor, although reviews suggest it's also pretty good for the price.

One big downside for me though was the size of the bloody things, if they could have made them a bit smaller in either direction I'd have been happier, but having two of them made it a pain to fit other stuff around them, and it's possible the crampedness may have contributed to their demise. :)

Edited by Maverick

I've got a Lomenzo Hyperdrive too. Had it a few months, no issues like previously mentioned, and I'm really liking it.
Blend knob is a good feature, allows you to dial in some clean tone, not that this pedal is lacking in low end at all.
Using the onboard input control with the drive helps you to get a good light distortion up to some pretty strong overdrive. I wouldn't say it can get [i]really[/i] nasty though, but does everything you can reasonably need in a band setting. I'd definitely recommend one, despite the size and surprsing weight, great price though, got mine for £50.