Why become a member? ×

Mixer Advice

V4lve

Hi.

Am looking for a small portable mixer to use in church for a music group. Needs to be pretty flexible (up to 12 inputs of various types), sophisticated enough to compress vocals, gate channels etc, easy enough to use by occasional users and robust enough to survive being stuffed chuck into cupboards etc when not in use. Budget probably up to three hundred quid . Any suggestions?

Thanks

[quote name='V4lve' post='720788' date='Jan 22 2010, 08:34 AM']Hi.

Am looking for a small portable mixer to use in church for a music group. Needs to be pretty flexible (up to 12 inputs of various types), sophisticated enough to compress vocals, gate channels etc, easy enough to use by occasional users and robust enough to survive being stuffed chuck into cupboards etc when not in use. Budget probably up to three hundred quid . Any suggestions?

Thanks[/quote]

I've not used a mixer with (good) on board compression. I'd get a behringer xenyx like a 1202FX (or similar) mixer as I've been really impressed with them (despite the usual behringer bashing), and a rack compressor like an alesis 3630 or a behringer one - you could alway stick it in a rack with a top bit to rack the mixer, then it would be well protected.