Why become a member? ×

Wizard pup sound samples

Fishman

[quote name='Fishman' post='716949' date='Jan 18 2010, 07:15 PM']Hi - anyone have a sound sample from a wizard pup? i'm thinking of ordering both P and J and would like to hear what's out there[/quote]

Don't know whether this is any use but this is me playing my 75RI with custom wound Wizards. Andy called them 74's as they were wound to be slightly darker than the 64s'

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWM7WRrp2g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWM7WRrp2g[/url]

I also have a P/J set on another bass that sound great and are really well matched (not much of a volume drop when both pickups full on)

[quote name='Opticaleye' post='717377' date='Jan 18 2010, 11:59 PM']I also have a P/J set on another bass that sound great and are really well matched (not much of a volume drop when both pickups full on)[/quote]

Nice one Opticaleye - what's the winding on your PJ set to keep the vol that way with both pups on?

[quote name='Fishman' post='717519' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:47 AM']Nice one Opticaleye - what's the winding on your PJ set to keep the vol that way with both pups on?[/quote]

Andy's standard P/J set.

I'd made the mistake previously of adding a DiMarzio jazz without considering the way the existing P was wound. After talking to Andy I ordered matching set and they sound great.

I can't recommend Wizard pickups enough. Great dynamics