Why become a member? ×

New Cubase/Cubase Studio update to v4.1

Jean-Luc Pickguard

As I type this I'm downloading the new 4.1 update for Cubase Studio. I've used Cubase since version 2 on the Atari in 1990), but only recently got back into using it when I bought Studio 4 for PC. The updates are taking ages to download, but should be done in another hour or so.

Any other cubase4/studio4 users here? - has anyone installed the new update yet?

I have two tracks to re-mix and a few that need minor tweaks to finish the o5b 11 track album. Would I be safer waiting until the album is is finished before upgrading to 4.1 or should I install it with my fingers crossed and play with the new toys?

ooft

dodgy territory

I always wait till i have some downtime to mess about with software or this happens:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5762"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5762[/url]

I resolved that on the day but it was a total pain in the arse. From past experience, do what you have to do and then upgrade. Otherwise you will spend as much time playing with the update as you will actually doing the job you need to do.

G

Thanks chaps - I guess I needed someone to advise me to resist the urge to install the upgrade so I will wait and get this finished. I probably won't have time to play with the new toys in 4.1 anyway and this project is well overdue.

v4.0 has crashed on me twice this morning (its usually very rare to get one crash a week on my system), I guess if I had upgraded to 4.1 already I would be blaming the new version for the crashes whereas it was probably caused by unfreezing too many very processed tracks and tweaking plugins. Anyway I have done some final tweaking to the three tracks that needed minor bits sorted and will be starting on the last two that need the bass re-recorded after lunch, hopefully I'll get those two mixed today as well.

Then I'll master all 11 tracks, the band will agree on a name for the album, we'll finish the artwork and then we can send it to manufacturing.

i installed it. i don't really use cubase much, but i couldn't really find any big differences. i can't really see much point in installing it, but you probably use it more and know your way around better, so there could be a lot of differences that i haven't noticed.

Edited by lwtait