Why become a member? ×

FS: Axl Tiger Pro 5 string bass - great first 5er!

Merton

FS: AXL Tiger Pro 5 string. I know not a lot about it, as I only got it just before Christmas as a cheapy 5er to tide me over til my fanned fret lovely is finished (hopefully later this year!)

Pics will follow (it's in the band lockup along with the TE Dual Comp...) but it's got a nice small body, looks like a sort of flame maple through a yellow finish. Probably isn't though :lol: MM and J pickups, Vol, Pan, Bass and Treble controls (active EQ); gold hardware with a pretty nice chunky bridge.

When I bought in on fleabay, one of the tuners was silver and the action was higher than Pete Doherty. So, I've replaced the silver tuner with a gold one and given the bass a damn good setup, including my first neck shim (gasp!) plus a new set of strings (Status Hotwires)

I gigged it on NYE and it was a great fun bass to play but to be honest something amplificatory has caught my eye and I am more of an amp than bass horder. I can hold off on the five string dream a while longer :lol:

This is a great first 5 string bass IMO, now it has nice low action and a nice fast neck. I was planning on using it as a project bass, was going to give it black hardware and new PUps and electronics, but like I say, I want a 2nd bass head instead :rolleyes:

So it's for sale, for only a tenner more than I paid for it (bearing in mind the tuner and strings cost me £25 between them and the work I've put in) and I'm including a gigbag. Price £100 ono plus shipping (would prefer local pickup though).

EDIT: original ebay listing can be found [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250543969642&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123"]here - check the stringing of the B and E![/url]

EDIT 2: SOLD SOLD SOLD, ta zephead :)

Edited by Merton

Picture bump! I've tried to highlight the one body ding, also spotted the A string is a Rotosound, not a Status Hotwire... Naughty boy.

[attachment=40380:bassfull.JPG]

[attachment=40385:bassfront.JPG]

[attachment=40384:bassheadstock.JPG]

[attachment=40383:bassding.JPG]

[attachment=40382:bassback.JPG]

[attachment=40381:alongstrings.JPG]

Gigbag is a Fender jobby, and I have some spare gold tuners which I'll throw in too :)