Why become a member? ×

String Vibration

chantelle

[quote name='chantelle' post='712900' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:15 PM']Is there any reason as to why the strings would vibrate even though they are held on the fretboards hard enough?[/quote]
by 'vibration', i presume you mean 'rattling'.
have you tuned it properly ? it takes practise if you're new to the instrument..
try tuning to a piano or a recording that you know the relevant root notes to, or find a local tutor who can help.

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='712929' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:30 PM']Or maybe you're talking about them buzzing, you might need to get the action raised, or the truss rod (very) marginally tightened to suit your playing style. Good music shops should be able to do this for you for a couple of quid.[/quote]
truss rod - probably the answer ! bang on the money. take it to a shop.

[quote name='chantelle' post='713024' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:39 PM']yeah rattling was what i meant!

thanks for the replys.[/quote]
glad to see your e-bay bargain came through o.k.
don't worry about the rattle, it sounds like a simple truss-rod adjustment, as suggested. but don't attempt to do it yourself.
i've just seen another thread on this forum where things went horribly wrong for someone attemting this.
take it to a guitar shop, and get them to give it a look over.
if this is the solution, it should cost very little to put right, and is probably due to the fact that it is stock that's been hanging around for a while, and then shipped out without adjustment.
good luck ! :)