Why become a member? ×

* Ignore - found the answer *

Clarky

When I bought my 72P off BC'er Chris Kelly it came with medium-ish gauge flats which Chris told me were LaBella's. I swapped them on the Precision for TI Flats and kept the LaBella's in my pile of old strings.

Having had problems getting the action as low as I'd like on my Nash Jazz with light gauge flats (eg, TI's) I tried these old LaBellas on as an experiment and - bingo - problem solved. The Nash now plays fantastically.

So does anyone know what gauge these LaBella flats are as I would like to purchase another set? The only clues I have are that they are heavier gauge than TI Flats and LaBella 760FLs, they have black silk windings, and they are definitely not as heavy gauge as the Jamersons (which are way too butch for me!) My guess is they are the Standard gauge (45-105) as the next gauge up (Medium) is 49-109, which is very close to the Jamersons (52-100).

Before you ask, Chris hasn't been on BC since early December so I can't really ask him.

Edited by Clarky