Why become a member? ×

D'Addario XL Chromes Flat Wound 45-100 32" SOLD

Brand new, 'opened' but never fitted, boxed, set of regular light gauge strings by D'Addario (made in the USA). Chrome flats, ECB81M.

045 - 065 - 080 - 100 Medium scale 32"

£14

I just bought these off a fellow BCer (for the same price I'm selling) and I went to all of the trouble to get him to check that the G string would fit my Bolin (seeing as how I've snapped x2 LaBella & x1 Thomastik G strings due to the Bolins short span from nut to locking tuner and there isn't enough silk wrap/taper)... however completely forgot to check the other 3 strings would fit. DOH! Needless to say I could fit the G string and then three strings from the LaBellas but they are going to be tonally completely incompatible.

So if you have a short/medium scale bass and want a cheap set of flats... here you go.

Edited by warwickhunt

Guest BassKS

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='705354' date='Jan 8 2010, 12:01 PM']Brand new, 'opened' but never fitted, boxed, set of regular light gauge strings by D'Addario (made in the USA). Chrome flats, ECB81M.

045 - 065 - 080 - 100 Medium scale 32"

£14

I just bought these off a fellow BCer (for the same price I'm selling) and I went to all of the trouble to get him to check that the G string would fit my Bolin (seeing as how I've snapped x2 LaBella & x1 Thomastik G strings due to the Bolins short span from nut to locking tuner and there isn't enough silk wrap/taper)... however completely forgot to check the other 3 strings would fit. DOH! Needless to say I could fit the G string and then three strings from the LaBellas but they are going to be tonally completely incompatible.

So if you have a short/medium scale bass and want a cheap set of flats... here you go.[/quote]

if these were full scale.....

• 2 months later...