Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB-0

paul h

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='708004' date='Jan 10 2010, 06:55 PM']Still I like the back to basics vibe of the EB0[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm after. I need to feel inspired about bass again so I am totally changing tack. I just want something simple so I can concentrate on what I play rather than what I am playing it on.

I had a Japanese Epi Elitist EB3 for a while, which was short scale like the Gibson and the standard Epi EB0. The tone of the big humbucker was great for annoying sound engineers, and I doubt if you'll miss the little bridge pickup. Thing that killed it for me in the end was the neck dive and the short scale, which I couldn't get used to.

Edited by spinynorman

Just checked at GAK and they have given me an estimated despatch date of 21st January.

I guess that's not too bad... except the fact that you are not told this until after you order is ridiculous. While waiting to find this out I missed out on an ebay auction for an EB-0 that finished at £82 plus £25 p+p. That has annoyed me somewhat.

The thing is a mate of mine is probably going to buy my other 2 basses off me this week. This will leave me bassless for the first time in a long time.

I'm off to the GAK forum!

:)

• 3 weeks later...