Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard

Bloc Riff Nut

Hello BCers,

I've decided I need a pedalboard, but Ineed one with both 9 and12v supplies. 9v for Chorus,Overdrive and tuner and12v for the Markbass Compressore.
I've previously only ever used my Digitech BP200, Jack of all trades, master of none! Time to venture out into the world of dedicated effects. And so to my question; Are there pedalboards with both 9 and12v supplies or will I have to build my own and use some kind of power brick/universal power supply?

Your wisdom is much appreciated.

Phil.

[quote name='philipleonard' post='703613' date='Jan 6 2010, 10:47 PM']Hello BCers,

I've decided I need a pedalboard, but Ineed one with both 9 and12v supplies. 9v for Chorus,Overdrive and tuner and12v for the Markbass Compressore.
I've previously only ever used my Digitech BP200, Jack of all trades, master of none! Time to venture out into the world of dedicated effects. And so to my question; Are there pedalboards with both 9 and12v supplies or will I have to build my own and use some kind of power brick/universal power supply?

Your wisdom is much appreciated.

Phil.[/quote]
hi,
i just bought the diago powerstation for my pedals. it provides both ac and dc at 9 and/or 12v for up to 30 pedals (no switching required, it senses the pedal requirement). extra daisy-chains and adaptors are also available for pedals with different connector sizes/genders (even an 18v adaptor !). it's not the cheapest option, but very small and reliable. i'll be buying a case soon to house everything, but am still shopping around..
i got mine from strings direct, who were very reliable. and no, i don't work for them.. :)
edit - i use the mb compressore too, it's the daddy !

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='703632' date='Jan 6 2010, 11:59 PM']hi,
i just bought the diago powerstation for my pedals. it provides both ac and dc at 9 and/or 12v for up to 30 pedals (no switching required, it senses the pedal requirement). extra daisy-chains and adaptors are also available for pedals with different connector sizes/genders (even an 18v adaptor !). it's not the cheapest option, but very small and reliable. i'll be buying a case soon to house everything, but am still shopping around..
i got mine from strings direct, who were very reliable. and no, i don't work for them.. :rolleyes:
edit - i use the mb compressore too, it's the daddy ![/quote]
Hey Philistein,
Just been to Diago.co.uk and as far as I could see their overview of pedals that they can power doesn't include any 12v DC units. Are you sure they can poower the Markbass Compressore. :)
Phil.

[quote name='philipleonard' post='705915' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:32 PM']Hey Philistein,
Just been to Diago.co.uk and as far as I could see their overview of pedals that they can power doesn't include any 12v DC units. Are you sure they can poower the Markbass Compressore. :)
Phil.[/quote]
hi,
i was a bit tentative at first, but believe me , it works ! no problem.. i have a few pedals that don't follow the standard 9vdc set-up, so i was also wary. i use the mb comp first in the chain, followed by a few 9v dc pedals and even a 9vac (boss syb-5), and they all work fine. read up on diago's f.a.q. section. they say that combinations of 9 & 12 v are o.k. but an extra adaptor is required for 18v. (costs £5.99) the only pedal i won't risk is my 24v ehx q-tron.
like i say i haven't had a problem with the compressore so far, but you can always e-mail them to check..
also the unit will cut off itself if it feels that anything in the chain is 'wrong', which is why i decided to pay the extra.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='705959' date='Jan 8 2010, 08:59 PM']hi,
i was a bit tentative at first, but believe me , it works ! no problem.. i have a few pedals that don't follow the standard 9vdc set-up, so i was also wary. i use the mb comp first in the chain, followed by a few 9v dc pedals and even a 9vac (boss syb-5), and they all work fine. read up on diago's f.a.q. section. they say that combinations of 9 & 12 v are o.k. but an extra adaptor is required for 18v. (costs £5.99) the only pedal i won't risk is my 24v ehx q-tron.
like i say i haven't had a problem with the compressore so far, but you can always e-mail them to check..
also the unit will cut off itself if it feels that anything in the chain is 'wrong', which is why i decided to pay the extra.. :)[/quote]
Thanks for the assurance Philistein, I can't find them in the European cybershops so it looks like I'll be paying the 60 quid + shipping. In the basic pakkage you get enough cable to daisy chain 6 effects (I only use 4 ), but do these original cables fit the M.B.Compressore.

If so it looks like this is the solution.

Phil. :rolleyes:

[quote name='philipleonard' post='706105' date='Jan 8 2010, 10:38 PM']Thanks for the assurance Philistein, I can't find them in the European cybershops so it looks like I'll be paying the 60 quid + shipping. In the basic pakkage you get enough cable to daisy chain 6 effects (I only use 4 ), but do these original cables fit the M.B.Compressore.

If so it looks like this is the solution.

Phil. :)[/quote]
yes mate, they do fit the same socket, so no worries there. the unit is also very small and light and will not take much space on your board.
best wishes & happy new year ! from me & my dog, dekker, named after my favourite dutch cyclist, erik! :rolleyes:
edit - if you don't use all 6 plugs, tape up the extra one's to avoid any short-circuit !

if i get around to it, i'll post a picture of the set-up tomorrow ! :lol:

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='706114' date='Jan 8 2010, 11:50 PM']yes mate, they do fit the same socket, so no worries there. the unit is also very small and light and will not take much space on your board.
best wishes & happy new year ! from me & my dog, dekker, named after my favourite dutch cyclist, erik! :)
edit - if you don't use all 6 plugs, tape up the extra one's to avoid any short-circuit !

if i get around to it, i'll post a picture of the set-up tomorrow ! :rolleyes:[/quote]
Oh yeah Eric Dekker, heard of him but i'm not quite sure, was he the last Dutchy to win Le Tour (or a stage of it).
If you do get the time it'd be great to see your set-up.

In Dutch they say 'Beste Wensen' (best wishes) instead of happy new year.

Beste Wensen Philistein and Dekker. :lol:

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='705959' date='Jan 8 2010, 07:59 PM']hi,
also the unit will cut off itself if it feels that anything in the chain is 'wrong', which is why i decided to pay the extra.. :)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the SYB-5 is 9v DC the same as the rest...and I also strongly doubt the Diago will provide AC and DC voltages at the same time. I have one myself and it's more than adequate for powering 20+ 9vDC pedals.

[quote name='Higgie' post='706250' date='Jan 9 2010, 03:05 AM']I'm pretty sure the SYB-5 is 9v DC the same as the rest...and I also strongly doubt the Diago will provide AC and DC voltages at the same time. I have one myself and it's more than adequate for powering 20+ 9vDC pedals.[/quote]
i stand corrected. it is 9v d.c.
however, if you do have a 9/12v a.c. pedal, the diago will power it with the green adaptor. don't ask me how, i'm not a 'sparky',
read their f.a.q. section..

[quote name='philipleonard' post='706153' date='Jan 8 2010, 11:27 PM']Oh yeah Eric Dekker, heard of him but i'm not quite sure, was he the last Dutchy to win Le Tour (or a stage of it).
If you do get the time it'd be great to see your set-up.

In Dutch they say 'Beste Wensen' (best wishes) instead of happy new year.

Beste Wensen Philistein and Dekker. :)[/quote]
e.dekker won 3 stages that year from lone breakaway's ! whatever he was on, i want some !! :rolleyes: (only joking)
beste wensen !

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='706265' date='Jan 9 2010, 06:13 AM']i stand corrected. it is 9v d.c.
however, if you do have a 9/12v a.c. pedal, the diago will power it with the green adaptor. don't ask me how, i'm not a 'sparky',
read their f.a.q. section..[/quote]
o.k. this is bizarre !
i've just checked the instruction manual for my syb-5. the manual says that the adaptor should be AC (optionally available BOSS PSA series) see page 4.
on the pedal though, is a sticker next to the adaptor socket which says to use a 9v DC adaptor.
i use the diago supply without the green adaptor (i.e. DC mode) and this works perfectly.
now i'm really confused..
anybody else noticed this ? or anybody got an explanation for my tiny brain ? :)
edit : the boss website spec for the syb-5 also says AC , wtf is this about ?

Edited by phil.i.stein

here is said powerstation in operation. first in the chain is the mb compressore, into the x-citer. and into the input of the amp.
the synth, distortion, and sansamp are on a loop.
the amp has three loops altogether, one for the fet channel, one for the tube channel, and a master loop. i will be experimenting with different combinations as and when i get more pedals & cables, but first i'm going to need a board !
[attachment=39712:dig1_157.JPG][attachment=39709:dig1_156.JPG]