Why become a member? ×

FS/T Fender Jazz Bass 5 String (MIM).

jonsparrow91

Gentlemen, I recently got this bass of another BCer as I thought I wanted a 5 string, turned out it was just serious GAS. This a great bass in good condition (its 10 years old according to the serial so it has some wear), certainly the best looking bass I have ever owned. The control knobs have been replaced and a Badass Bridge (I not II) fitted. I've lost the original knobs though.

I'm selling this for what I paid (which was a great deal, cheers deej) as circumstances have changed and I need money more than I need this bass. Its in exactly the same condition as I got it and I'll be sending it in a gig bag, box and bubble wrap. The strings on it atm are dead and mis-matched so I'll get a new set if needed.

I should charge you just for looking at it :rolleyes:

p/x is acceptable (i.e. cheap back-up-bitch-bass + £200).

Going on eBay next Wednesday.

Cheers for you time :)

Edited by spaz91

Bumping with a list of things I will straight swap for:

High end Warwick Rockbass
High end Traben
Classic Vintage Squier Precision (any of the 3)
A Fender that isn't a standard series. (Unless it's been upgraded).
A decent 4x10/2x12 bass combo.
A bunch of pedals (would take a lot).
A nice electric guitar (show me what you got).
A decent hollowbody bass.
A VJ Squier maybe?

Hit me up with other offers but (so long as they're in good nick) the above list are a certified deal.

I SHOULD MENTION: This bass is set up 2 steps down, returning it to standard tuning will require adjustments which I am not qualified to do.

I can assure you that, so long as you place your thumb on the back of the bass (rather than curled round like I do due to freakishly big hands) then you will find the change for 4 to 5 pretty seamless. I'm not assuming you have a bad technique, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also: PRICE REDUCTION, IF THIS BASS CAN GATHER DUST THEN THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD.