Why become a member? ×

Thumpin' some chords (vid)

urb

Hey Peeps - Happy New Year -

Firstly I'm really pleased to see this forum is busy as ever with loads and loads of different music from all of you (you're also to be thanked for making my modding job far too easy - thanks guys).

Secondly I hope you'll dig a little clip from me just trying to develop this chord-thumping thing I've been mssing around with for a while. This is mainly improvised so forgive the odd loose end or unfinished idea - I have a plan to do a duet between a chord bass and a solo bass on top but that's gonna require a bit more time and planning than I had today... let me know what you think:

Cheers people and keep up the good work

Mike

Coulda done with filling in the blanks a bit. A little too simple for my ear............ :)
Cracking mate, obviously very gifted and technical video. Should try loop some of the chord sequences off that and play quite a simple solo over the top. Think that would sound cool! IMO anyway!

[quote name='FuNkShUi' post='700954' date='Jan 4 2010, 08:53 PM']Coulda done with filling in the blanks a bit. A little too simple for my ear............ :)
Cracking mate, obviously very gifted and technical video. Should try loop some of the chord sequences off that and play quite a simple solo over the top. Think that would sound cool! IMO anyway![/quote]

Thanks fella - to be honest this was completely imrpovised and it's a bit messy as a result - I'd like to work it into an original composition soon and make some kind of duet video - with the lead part on fretless. Glad you liked some of it anyway - thanks for watching.

Cheers

Mike