Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***Warwick Corvette $$ Double Buck 4 String FT/FS

The GroovyPlucker

This bass was traded with another user on this forum, and having also aquired the same model in a 5 string version, am not overjoyed with the 4 string version, so maybe time to try something else.
Open to trades, and looking

Yamaha TRB
Fender Deluxe Precision [U.S. not MX]
High End Ibanez

Or just hit me with your ideas, would be willing to sell also.
By the way, the Bass is in Nirvana Black.

[attachment=38700:DSC_0038.jpg][attachment=38701:DSC_0057.jpg]

Edited by The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='simon1964' post='690384' date='Dec 21 2009, 08:51 AM']That looks familiar - did you trade this with Budget Bassist? If so, its my old $$. Cracking bass - have a bump on me![/quote]

Hi,

Tis the same one, yep, decent fella, just get by better with the 5 string, not sure why, but hey there you go, thanks for the bump, almost like a male pregnancy thing going on here, what an interesting concept, not.

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='Dogz73' post='690899' date='Dec 21 2009, 07:11 PM']Hiya,

I think i've been bidding on this on Evil Bay this week but didn't hit the reserve.

What are you looking for?

Cheers[/quote]

Hi,

Yeah, had it up there a couple of times, reserve was £600, which for this bass is more than reasonable, let me know if you're interested and maybe we can do a deal.

Thanks

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='jon_kemo' post='691034' date='Dec 21 2009, 09:36 PM']Did you get my PM re: Ibanez trade?[/quote]

Hi,

Yea, sorry I did but didn't get around to replying. I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm after, having said that I'm currently looking at the Doug Wimbish 5 String. Had the 4 string before and thought it was ok, very slim neck. Your Ibanez seems to have a much wider neck, so not so sure about it for now, but if you're very keen on the Corvette get back to me,

Cheers

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='TheDaivisch' post='695300' date='Dec 29 2009, 12:45 AM']Just out of interest, what is it that you are not so overjoyed about in comparison to the 5er?[/quote]

I think the two models are maybe dif years, the woods seem ever so slightly diff. The 5 string glides, whereas the 4 is very stiff and tight for me. I just find the 4 string harder to play than the 5, even tho I've never used a 5 string before. Also hankering for something slightly diff in the 4 string dept, thought having the family of 4 and 5 string versions would work, but looking to move on, again!!

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='695605' date='Dec 29 2009, 02:20 PM']I think the two models are maybe dif years, the woods seem ever so slightly diff. The 5 string glides, whereas the 4 is very stiff and tight for me. I just find the 4 string harder to play than the 5, even tho I've never used a 5 string before. Also hankering for something slightly diff in the 4 string dept, thought having the family of 4 and 5 string versions would work, but looking to move on, again!!

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

As per the posts above, I used to own this before selling it to Budget Bassist. I found it a dream to play, and regretted selling it.

I think Warwick four strings are very different to the five strings. The fivers have a very narrow string spacing and play differently to the four strings, which may be why Mr Plucker isn't getting on with it (and very honest of him to say so in his sale thread!). If you like modern Warwick four string necks, you'll not go wrong with this one IMO. In fact, I'm half tempted to offer something as a trade myself - just not sure what!

Hi Simon,

You're right about the diff between the 4 and 5 string necks, it's quite bizarre actually, the spacing isn't that much of an issue for me though. Had a 91 streamer before and the neck on that was fantastic, albeit that it was laquered as opposed to the woody neck usually associated with Warwicks. The 5 strings neck is so smooth, as is the 4 string corvette, but I think the 4 string is a touch deeper, i.e. more c shaped, 4 string more d shaped.
Both amazing versatile basses.
The other problem I've encountered over years of Bass trading/playing, is that I started on Fender, and I guess I'll always be Fender. So I'm so used to the Fender body spacing, i.e. pickups are placed more in the middle of the body, most other basses I've tried are more neck and small body, hence the pickups are usually placed further away from my right hand, this might seem trite, but you get used to your most comfortable playing position, so it'll probably be back to the Fenders, hopefully the Red Jaguar!
End dissertation

The GroovyPlucker