Why become a member? ×

Peavey Zodiac BXP

Bass_Junkie

they look pretty good for £177 (GBP)

the pics i've seen looks like they have a pretty low action, and look like good basses.

i was thinking of getting a yamahaBB414 but then found out you cant change the pickups and the action wasnt what i expected.

what do people think of this bass, and compaired to the yamaha?

Thanks.
Bass_Junkie.

The action is something which the shop should adjust for you before you take the bass away, so dont worry about that too much.. Funny that you can't change the pickups in the Yamaha ?? I would question that....

Both Peavey and Yamaha have a good name at that pricepoint in the market. It's really which neck feels most comfortable and which sounds the best to you. Be sure to try an amp similar to yours when you try out the bass or bring your own amp in to try it out. That way you can be sure how each sounds when you take it home...

Good luck !!

[quote name='7string' post='74877' date='Oct 15 2007, 11:43 PM']The action is something which the shop should adjust for you before you take the bass away, so dont worry about that too much.. Funny that you can't change the pickups in the Yamaha ?? I would question that....

Both Peavey and Yamaha have a good name at that pricepoint in the market. It's really which neck feels most comfortable and which sounds the best to you. Be sure to try an amp similar to yours when you try out the bass or bring your own amp in to try it out. That way you can be sure how each sounds when you take it home...

Good luck !![/quote]

well, i prefer thinner necks.

you cant change the pickups in the yamaha because they have metal bindings and certain screw placements, the only way i'd be able to put pickups in is if i take th einsides and somehow cobble them into the yamaha pickups.

i have tried a yamaha but not the peavey, i've never even seen a peavey in a shop.

from pics i've seen and from reviews it does seem like the peavey would be a better choise.

also i was going to buy online for money reasons, i want to spend as little as possible.

You are quite right, it would be troublesome to get pickups to fit without extra routing/mess holes, but..

Why replace the pickups anyway !? the standard BB pickups are more than capable and I never felt the need to replace them in my BB614.

If you want to spend as little as possible then buy a bass than doesn't require upgrading.