Why become a member? ×

Spank me, I've been a naughty boy!

barneyg42

So usually when you spot something that seems to be popular you pop a post in the spotted forum. So when I saw the Jazz in my local Gumtree I was just about to post when that little devil popped up on my shoulder and reminded me that I had some money coming in a few weeks and if I kept schtum it might still be around. Could I live with the guilt? Course I bloody could!! So I popped over to Cobham tonight and got the baby from a really nice guy called Mal (a friend of Cetera it turns out) for a very keen price and here she is.........

[attachment=37968:08122009012.jpg]
[attachment=37969:08122009013.jpg]
[attachment=37970:08122009014.jpg]
[attachment=37971:08122009015.jpg]

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='679706' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:54 PM']Prepare to be severely punished boy!

Nice one Kol! These are superb basses, the ebonol board does the biz - honk and much mwah!

Ciao!

Nick O Twa nkey![/quote]

Punish me Big Boy!!

Great little bass and at a great price to. Just got to set up some nice sounds on my pedal, chorus octave etc and I'm well away.

Hows that Jaydee coming along? Looking forward to seeing the end result.

KOL

Edited by barneyg42

[quote name='Moos3h' post='680742' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:31 PM']Now, where have I seen one of those before - ah yes, that's right, I had one for about 0.3 seconds!

Reading this makes me regret getting rid of it, but I've gotta say I'm an average fretted played at best, fretless is a step too far!

Great GAS![/quote]
I saw your one go up but I was about 2 days away from some money coming in and never imagined that the one on local gumtree would still be around. To be honest we only have 3/4 songs for it but we may do Tears in Heaven by Clapton and that song crys out for it. Ive just got to do it justice though :)

[quote name='Moos3h' post='681411' date='Dec 11 2009, 03:13 PM']Yeah, that'll sound sweet on Tears in Heaven. I found with the treble rolled off, and picked very close to the end of the neck a passable upright tone could be had.

Cheers!
James[/quote]

Oh yeah man, you got it! Its got a lovely sweet spot right there. Ive only put it through my Pandora so far but it still sounds great. Its got round wounds on it so if you dig in near the bridge it honks for Jaco! I'm not rehearsing the band until the new year so I might book a local room for some solo fettling as I got my Acme B2 delivered today.

[quote name='barneyg42' post='678522' date='Dec 8 2009, 09:57 PM']So usually when you spot something that seems to be popular you pop a post in the spotted forum. So when I saw the Jazz in my local Gumtree I was just about to post when that little devil popped up on my shoulder and reminded me that I had some money coming in a few weeks and if I kept schtum it might still be around. Could I live with the guilt? Course I bloody could!! So I popped over to Cobham tonight and got the baby from a really nice guy called Mal (a friend of Cetera it turns out) for a very keen price and here she is.........

[attachment=37968:08122009012.jpg]
[attachment=37969:08122009013.jpg]
[attachment=37970:08122009014.jpg]
[attachment=37971:08122009015.jpg][/quote]

Glad you're enjoying the bass, Col! Yes, 'tis the very same Mal here. That was one of four basses I sold in two weeks - my Washburn Status had gone at lunchtime the same day.

[quote name='Malc62' post='682716' date='Dec 13 2009, 01:18 AM']Glad you're enjoying the bass, Col! Yes, 'tis the very same Mal here. That was one of four basses I sold in two weeks - my Washburn Status had gone at lunchtime the same day.[/quote]
Hey Mal, welcome to the forum. Watch out for the GAS, it's lethal on this place! Thanks for a cracking bass.