Why become a member? ×

Can someone please help me?!!!!!

ferrit1985

[size=4]Hi, can anyone please give me some advice?
I bought my partner a stagg 3/4 electric double bass. She is a complete beginner and wants to learn to play so that she can eventually record basslines for her own dance tracks. We can't afford lessons and i'm struggling to find a dvd that specifically teaches the electric double bass. Does anyone know where I can find one? If you can't buy them, do you know which dvd I should get? Please help so I can make her Christmas!
Thanks, Kate :) [/size]

+1 youtube has to be a first stop on the search, Kate. As far as I'm aware though there ain't a lot of electric double bassists playing dance tracks out there. I suspect you may have to improvise a little bit by looking at technique lessons for double bassists (which may have a jazz or classical emphasis) and then repetoire lessons for electric bassists in the style that your partner wants to play.

What do you mean by dance music? Are we talking Rock 'n Roll, Swing, Soul R&B.... or 90's dance, Eurodance, techno etc? If its the latter, i honestly don't think Electric double bass would be used much by producers, thats not to say it'd be ridiculous to use it though it does mean lessons to accommodate that kind of playing with be scarce.