Why become a member? ×

In praise of Jon Shuker and Wizard pickups

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='683229' date='Dec 13 2009, 06:59 PM']Update; I've just spent two days in the studio recording with the Shuker and it sounded absolutely amazing - even the sound engineer commented how much he loved the sound. I used an Aguilar Tone Hammer and that's it - I'm chuffed and can't wait to hear the finished article.[/quote]

Ohh I hope we get to hear it ..

[quote name='alexlotta' post='685165' date='Dec 15 2009, 01:42 PM']which specs were wound the wizards ( coils , poles/blade etc) ?

I''m always curious to try different pickups and those are emg size-soapbars i see .[/quote]

TBH - I have no idea. I literally just told him I'd like single coils with as little hum as possible and sounding like a Jazz with bollocks.

I think you'll find they're a bit longer than EMGs which I considered at the time but they wouldn't have filled the existing rout completely.

[quote name='Veils' post='686054' date='Dec 16 2009, 08:57 AM']Homer - do you practice every sunday?? I have already payed up for a GS112 and it should be here pretty soon, but I'd definitely be interested in checking out how your setup sounds :)[/quote]

Hi Veils, we do practice every Sunday but we're recording again this weekend (overdubs / mixing etc). After Christmas, we'll be rehearsing a lot ready for our first gig at the Playhouse 2 in Shaw towards the end of January. I'm actually gigging in Manchester tonight but it's a private function which is a pity but you can come up any evening or Saturday and you can try it at gig volume.

Edited by niceguyhomer