Why become a member? ×

Alembic Series II Custom 5-string

mrbassman_de

I decided to sell this outstanding [b]Alembic Series II 5-string[/b] which I got a few months ago from another fellow BC member. It has the following specs:

[b]top and back: Ziricote (3.000 USD option !)
accent: Maple laminate
body core: Mahogany
neck: 7-piece Maple and Purpleheart with oversized middle laminate
scale: 34" (long)
fingerboard: Ebony
fingerboard dimensions: 1-13/16 x 2-11/16 (custom)
inlays: Black Tahitian Mother of Pearl (300 USD option)
body shape: 3/4 Heart Omega (500 USD option)
pickups and electronics: Series II
custom note: pickup selector on lower horn
hardware: 24K gold plated
birthday: February 25, 1997[/b]

Retail price would be 24.100 USD according to the Alembic Custom Quote calculator. Street price should be 2/3 of that, so it should cost about 16.000 USD new at a good shop, if a rare beast like this comes around at all... EU import VAT plus shipping to be added.

The bass is in great condition - one small ding on the upper side of the body, some small blemishes at the headstock, the region where the thumb sits on the body - above the B string - has lost its gloss to some degree, but this should be fixed by applying some polish on it. Otherwise this bass is in immaculate condition. The frets as well as the gold hardware show minimal wear. On the battery plate there is the name of the first owner engraved.

The 19' DS5R cable driver unit and 2 special Alembic cables are included - the OHSC too.

The Series II electronics are the most exciting onboard tone shaping units available - the tone is unique - no doubt. The bass is quite heavy - about 5.5 kg -, which contributes to it's deep low end combined with a strong clarity. String spacing at the bridge is about 16.5 mm. The bass has NO LEDs !

I decided to sell this beauty as I found to be more a Smith / Fodera guy and I'm looking for a good 4 string - may be an old pre-CBS Fender - or a 5 string Fodera fretless. So this beauty has to go again. There is no issue with this bass.

I prefer a straight sale, but if you have any high-end 4- or 5-string Smith, Fodera or vintage Fender which you like to throw in plus some cash - please let me know. High-End Fretless basses welcome ! Bass could be checked and picked up at Duesseldorf, Germany. Not far from Airport Weeze - which is destination of Ryan Air ... :)

Look at [url="http://www.mrbassman.net/de/MrBassman/Basses/alembic_series_2.htm"]MY WEBSITE[/url] for more pics:

[b]SOLD !![/b]

Edited by mrbassman_de

I'm not usually drawn to Alembics but that is just beautiful. I can honestly say that if I had 5k to blow (which I sadly don't and probably never will) I'd bite your hand (well arm actually) off.

One of the nicest basses I've seen in a long while.

Free bump, good luck with your sale.