Why become a member? ×

Wow, last time I played there was not internet!

SSP

Well not quite but I have been on a 13 year hiatus from playing. Having started at 14 playing the guitar I progressed to the bass as the band I was in could not find any bassists! I found I loved the bass more and really enjoyed playing the low end.

My new set up is a Ibanez 4-string (used to have a 5 string but never really used the "brown-noise" string :) ) Marshall MB30 and BP80 multi effects pedal. The bass has an odd cut-out that is probably down to a bad solder joint so I will have to check that out and fix.

My only issue is working out what I want to play! Since my teenage years my music tastes have widened ...quite a bit! Todays playlist has included Seasick Steve, Muse, Metallica, Carcass and Godspeed! You Black Emperor.

I plan to get back in to playing and see what direction I go although I did find a load of songs I wrote in 2001-2 when I was heavily into Unsane / Today Is The Day / and other noisecore / metal. If there is any one / band in the Cheltenham area who are looking for a rusty bass player (and who arn't all 15 years old!) let me know.

SSP

Edited by SSP