Why become a member? ×

Does anyone give double bass lessons local to West Berks?

Cat Burrito

Pretty much as the title says really. I picked one up a few months back and have been getting on fine with it, having even gigged a few times with it. However I would like to improve my right hand techniques and iron out any bad habits I may have at this early stage. I'm in no rush and probably looking at just a couple of lessons initially to put me on the right road. I play roots music / Americana stuff so really looking to learn in that style - techniques like double slap appeal I have to say. Thanks for looking.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='667923' date='Nov 28 2009, 01:17 AM']Pretty much as the title says really. I picked one up a few months back and have been getting on fine with it, having even gigged a few times with it. However I would like to improve my right hand techniques and iron out any bad habits I may have at this early stage. I'm in no rush and probably looking at just a couple of lessons initially to put me on the right road. I play roots music / Americana stuff so really looking to learn in that style - techniques like double slap appeal I have to say. Thanks for looking.[/quote]
I'm not that far from West Berks (NE Hants) but I don't really cover the techniques you're after. I could help with left hand but I don't do double slap etc