Why become a member? ×

Active electronics

TBFUS

Yeah, the lead completes the circuit, so it will still drain the batteries. Made that mistake during a recording session, left my bass plugged in by accident when we wandered around for a while to relax for a good few hours, got back and the bass was dead, and we had no clue why, until I remembered it was active. Man, that sucked.

Zach

[quote name='TBFUS' post='667565' date='Nov 27 2009, 05:04 PM']thought so...thanks for the confirmation....[/quote]

you can have a switch fitted to isolate the battery from the electronics and keep the bass plugged in
remember if you do have this to put the vol at 0

i had one and an led which let me know if power was on if i left the bass on the stand and had forgot to switch off

I am glad you asked this stupid question TBUS. as i bought a 2nd hand bass a month ago and the guy was as clue less as me when it come to the ins and out. I had had it a couple of days and picked it up to play it and it was dead, i checked the amp plug in and all that nothing so i took the back off and there was the battery. swapped it ,away we went again. So 2 things I can thank you for, 1 I now know its an active bass and 2 not to leave the lead plugged in.
Cheers for that.

Jynxter

[quote name='mrcrow' post='668414' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:09 AM']you can have a switch fitted to isolate the battery from the electronics and keep the bass plugged in
remember if you do have this to put the vol at 0

i had one and an led which let me know if power was on if i left the bass on the stand and had forgot to switch off[/quote]

Where could I get the switch and is it mounted where the preamp is hid, and will there be some routing done which I would be trying to avid changing my look?? Thanks alot!

[quote name='TBFUS' post='669716' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:41 AM']Where could I get the switch and is it mounted where the preamp is hid, and will there be some routing done which I would be trying to avid changing my look?? Thanks alot![/quote]

i got a mini switch double pole..on/on
mounting it anywhere will do the job...you run wires from the batt to it...and then back to the preamp.. so cutting off both send and return from the battery

the position is easiest in an area where there is scratchplate as the mounting part isnt very long

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150390853407"]here is one on ebay[/url]

it has 6 contacts actually 2 lots of 3..its two switches in one ..you only use 4...the middle ones to the battery +/-...the any of the outer ones to the preamp

the other 2 contacts are redundant in this use...

i got an led from an old something or other and mounted it next to the switch as an indicator it was on or off

but i do believe a led switch is available..i googled but havent come up with one yet

Edited by mrcrow