Why become a member? ×

Hipshot "D" tuners / extenders.

danny-79

Recently fitted a hipshot D tuner to my stingray and am very pleased with it, to only problem (part of it that i dont like) is the post, its straight rather than tapered , ive tryed mixing an matching the parts from the original tuner but the fitting it to short, ive heard that tapered posts are avalible from hipshot but havent any luck finding one as yet.
just asking if anybody else has found the same thing, and general coments/tips for them that others have found and just the general opinion of them very welcome, Dan.

[quote name='henry norton' post='665547' date='Nov 25 2009, 08:19 PM']TBH I don't think it looks bad because it's got a straight post, it would hardly stand out at all but for the fact that it's not chrome. Maybe there's somebody out there who'd want to swap a chrome for a black chrome D tuner.[/quote]
I did originaly order a chrome but an black one turnd up an kind of like the look of it, just the disadvantage of the straight post is its slightly fiddlt changing strings, have to make sure that the string is pushed al the way to the bottom of the post in order to get a nice angle on it the back of the nut (its almost like its to long or the slot isnt deep enough), ive tryed swapping the posts over but but thay dont fit.

(ant thank Mr Foxen for the offer)

[quote name='danny-79' post='665594' date='Nov 25 2009, 09:59 PM']I did originaly order a chrome but an black one turnd up an kind of like the look of it, just the disadvantage of the straight post is its slightly fiddlt changing strings, have to make sure that the string is pushed al the way to the bottom of the post in order to get a nice angle on it the back of the nut (its almost like its to long or the slot isnt deep enough), ive tryed swapping the posts over but but thay dont fit.

(ant thank Mr Foxen for the offer)[/quote]

I measured the hole in my straight post reverse Kluson and it goes down about 10mm, which works fine. If you've got a leccy drill you could drill the hole a bit deeper....

[quote name='henry norton' post='667623' date='Nov 27 2009, 05:46 PM']I measured the hole in my straight post reverse Kluson and it goes down about 10mm, which works fine. If you've got a leccy drill you could drill the hole a bit deeper....[/quote]

Thanx for that, ill take another look at it an let you no how it goes, Dan.