Why become a member? ×

A sad day

rapscallion

I just got off the phone to Andertons. The pre-amp in my Corvette $$ is rather fried, not much idea why. They've sent it to two techs and nothing, so it looks like a new pre-amp. Any ideas? I'm a fond believer in versatility, and ease of install, seeing as I'd prefer to do it myself. I've got 4 holes to fill, preferably active/passive, either via switch of push/pull.

I've had a look at John East, which many on here are fond of, but any others that would do a good job? Tone wise I'm on just about every end of the scale - dub, distorted, funk, rock

Anyway, any ideas/advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Will

[quote name='henry norton' post='665162' date='Nov 25 2009, 03:07 PM']How about the East built ACG filter preamp - probably give you all the sounds you'll ever need and some...[/quote]

I recently played a couple of Daf Lewis' basses last week and he had one of these Preamps in his Thumb 5 Fretless and his Parker Fly Bass, and man! WHAT A TONE! you can dial endlessly, he had mastered what tone he loved and could dial it in effortlessly! seriously considering one in my next 5 string!

Klaus Noll does a 3 band parametric eq. for the ultimate in versatility.

[url="http://www.noll-electronic.de/sites_d/bassel.html"]http://www.noll-electronic.de/sites_d/bassel.html[/url]

Great circuits, Ritter use them. Clean without sounding brittle, warm without losing focus.