Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot SMX Preamp 12 band - SOLD

haruki

Sad to let this go but I dont use it anymore its just too big for me....

Trace Elliott SMX 12 band preamp. This was the top of the range preamp in the pre-Gibson era of Trace. It does about everything you could want a preamp to do and produces that fantastic Trace sound. Includes...

12 band graphic - with mix
Valve/solid state
2 Trace presets.
2 band compressor
2 effects send/return (one of them stereo)
Stereo outputs can be used for bi-amping etc. and some other stuff round the back I dont understand (but I've got a copy of the manual)

Its in a Warwick 4u shallow rack bag.

Hollywood power amp 2x500 into 4ohms. Bought this as a temporary measure as cheap power amp... and its still working ok. Its very light (much lighter than the Trace) and has got flexible output options. Can be bridged - though I ve not tried. Most importantly its got a row of pretty lights that go up and down when you play....

£275 for the lot. Its too heavy to post so have to be pick up from North Essex or something.

[attachment=36953:trace_dark.JPG]

[attachment=36952:trace_back.JPG]

[attachment=36951:trace_1.JPG]

Edited by haruki

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='664135' date='Nov 24 2009, 06:31 PM']Hello matey,
how does the pwer amp handle two cabs?
i have a 1x15 and a 4x10 with horn.
seems like a fair deal im in essex too.
regards
ziggy[/quote]

Ive used with a couple of 8 ohm cabs (2x10 and 1x15) and its fine. Your welcome to come and have a look/listen
send us a pm = i'm over near stansted.

m

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='669582' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:45 PM']If you're prepared to go a bit lower on price, I would be interested, and can collect this week.[/quote]

whoops just seen this - have sent you a PM....