Why become a member? ×

beck 50watt valve PA head.

umph

This head is from the late 50s and puts out around 55watts from 2 el34s. It's quite a cool looking head and really small and easy to transport (who needs a markbass head when you can get a portable valve head!) and gets pretty loud when paired up with some effiecent cabs.

the valve line up is mainly mazda valves apart from a mullard ef86 driving the phase splitter

It can do 8 or 4ohms and has two speaker outputs and has 4 channels each with their own eq. I would say the sound of it was more akin to a original orange amp - fat and warm with some fat distortion when cranked.

This amp has been recently serviced and everything is in working order - all caps and power resistors where replaced aswell as the amp rebiased a bit colder and the grid voltage brought down.

i'll put up some pictures later

price wise i'm looking for around 225pounds for this amp, although i'm open to offers and trades

Edited by umph

It has 3 EL84's and 3 ECC83's

Works flawlessly for 30minutes or so then a loud hum is introduced into the signal chain, signal still passes through it but I'm assuming it's a cap issue as I recall it has the original 50's dynacord caps in it.

I'd like to keep it really but retubing 2 Strategy's is very expensive so don't have the spare cash for the Beck.

• 2 weeks later...