Why become a member? ×

Feedback for alansanderson

silverfoxnik

Every now and again, something happens here on Basschat that I know will stick in my memory for a long time and this little story is one of them.. It's what makes the place so great IMO!

So.. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I'd try and sell my USA Fender Jazz 5 Deluxe and noticed that Alan was looking for a 34" 5 string bass, so I sent him a PM to see if he might be interested. A couple of PMs later, we'd worked out that Alan was really interested in trying my Fender and I was really interested in trying Al's Sandberg JJ 5 (even though it is a 35" scale which I don't normally feel comfortable with) with a view to doing a trade. The only problem was, how to try the basses out, as I'm on the south coast near Brighton and Al is studying music and playing in a great band in Manchester (my hometown funnily enough).

But a 600 mile round trip is no obstacle where Al is concerned as he's that dedicated to his bass playing and all that goes with it, so he decided to travel down last Saturday by train, leaving Manchester at 'stupid o'clock' in the morning, and he duly arrived in Littlehampton at about midday. Anyway, to cut what could be a very long story short, after about 4 hours of trying out the different basses, chatting about all sorts of music-related stuff and Al giving me a free bass theory lesson, we decided to trade the two basses... which is a decision I'm really happy about because I just love the sound of the Sandberg 5 and, now it's been set up to suit me, it's a great bass to play.

Happily, the Fender 5 is working out great for Al as well...so all is good!

To sum up; Al is a phenomenally good musician and a fantastically inventive bass player as well as being a really good person to meet and deal with.. So I wanted to post this feedback for him here to thank him for going to all that trouble & effort last week and also to recommend him highly to everyone else on Basschat!

Cheers Al - hope 'it's all good'! :)

Nik

• 6 months later...

I just bought the accoustic Takamine Alan has been trying to shift for a short time.
great/quick/honest comms and very accomodating on pick up details
we met like spies in a car park with all of (and this is true) "slayer" hanging around in the background,its true you ask him!
great deal, Al
100% reccomendation. does what he says is on the tin
W
Ps hope gig went well

• 3 months later...
Guest johnzgerman

iv'e just bought Alans MusicMan stingray 5 off him and it all went very well, hes a top bloke to deal with and hes got a very nice fender jazz deluxe 5 that he won't sell to me, which is just as well as iv'e just spunked all my cash on the ray:)

• 1 year later...