Why become a member? ×

squier classic vibe 50s precision

bumnote

Back up for sale again

50s classic vibe precision bass in blue.

Pic is from the web but the actual bass is as the pics, Ive just looked at this and there is not a mark on it that I can see, no dents or dings. it looks as if it has come straight from the shop

Well reviewed and a great bass.

Sadly no case,

£210 plus shipping at cost.

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='bumnote' post='646143' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:06 PM']50s classic vibe precision blue as per attached.

Ive got a hankering for the blue paisley one so £200

Pic is from the web but the actual bass is as the pics, no dents,dings and only a few months old.

No case[/quote]

Guess what? I've got one of these - they are brilliant. Buy this bass!

Nick (liking your avatar pic - bit like mine!)

[quote name='philw' post='646224' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:48 PM']I'm very interested but can you confirm the nut width please. The only one of these I've played had a neck like a baseball bat.

Phil[/quote]

I will measure it when I get home tonight

What was the one you played and didnt like was it the japan 51 re issue with no chamfer? usually blonde

[quote name='bumnote' post='646308' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:14 PM']I will measure it when I get home tonight

What was the one you played and didnt like was it the japan 51 re issue with no chamfer? usually blonde[/quote]

No it was the Classic Vibe one just like yours. The published spec says it's nut width is 1.65 so either you have a bendy ruler or they vary a lot. I suspect I won't like 1.67 if I didn't like 1.65.

1.75 on any four string bass is very wide. Are you sure?

Phil

[quote name='philw' post='646614' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:42 PM']No it was the Classic Vibe one just like yours. The published spec says it's nut width is 1.65 so either you have a bendy ruler or they vary a lot. I suspect I won't like 1.67 if I didn't like 1.65.

1.75 on any four string bass is very wide. Are you sure?

Phil[/quote]

For the classic vibe I used a vernier so that measurement is accurate. Current us standard precisions are specced at 1.625, but 62 and 57 re issues in US and the mexican classic and road worn are1.75.

I have an old us and 2 japanese precisions and they are all around 1.75 but as you say there is going to be a tolerance so they will vary.

I personally prefer the wide necks to the narrower ones, but probably because I have had one of mine since 1969 so ive got used to it.

It looks like the blue flower one has gone so i think Im going to withdraw this from sale, but thanks for your interest.

Nigel

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='646180' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:41 PM'](liking your avatar pic - bit like mine!)[/quote]

I feel positively under-bassed in my avatar .. and most of those have gone of to new homes now :)

oh and have a bump